The effectiveness of other inputs like fertilizer and irrigation depend largely on using quality seed. Several lines of evidence indicate that nearly 50% of crop productivity relies on the availability and utilization of quality seed. Read more
Category Archives: Amhara
The BENEFIT projects conducted collaboration planning workshop between Amhara and Tigray units. Read more
Read the January newsletter from the ISSD Amshara unit. In this issue you can read about crop and varierty promotion through crowdsourcing, efforts to enhance the supply of disease free potato seed and more.
Read our October newsletter to find out the latest updates, achievements and focus areas!
In this issue:
- ISSD 2016/17 in Numbers
- Bringing the informal seed system into focus
- Food security in PSNP woredas
- Continued strategic interventions needed in seed value chain
- DSM: Time to move forward?
- Super El Niño tests the resilience of Ethiopian seed systems